Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rock N Roll

Have you ever had a dream about doing something but thought it would never happen because you thought it would be virtually impossible?
I have...in fact I have a few of those dreams. But yesterday, June 26th 2010, one of those dreams was fulfilled. I completed my first half marathon! It was such a surreal experience...it was amazing! I couldn't believe I actually signed up to do it and thought I would never go through with it...especially after I injured myself taking me out of the last 3 weeks of training. But I did it. Actually, WE did it. I felt peace...which definitely could have only come from God...and I had an amazing running buddy to keep me going. Thank you Linds...you don't know how much this meant to me. I feel SO accomplished! I had never run more than 4 miles before this year....and to think I would run 13.1 before the end of it! If you have a dream...chase it. It may not be an enjoyable experience getting there, but when you fulfill that dream everything you went through to get it is worth it.
Linds and I with our medals after the race:
Posted by Picasa
Fitness Idea #3:
Check your shoes!! How old are your sneakers? If you can't remember the last time your got them, it's time to switch. If you use them for running make sure to get one size bigger to allow those toes to spread!

No comments: